ACT results are accepted by nearly all 4-year colleges and universities in the U.S. The WMHS guidance department strongly recommends that students take the ACT Plus Writing. The writing portion is optional, but many colleges require it. Fee waivers are available from the guidance department for students on free/reduced lunch. Depending on the student’s course of study, kids should begin taking the ACT during their Junior year. Students should speak to their counselor for more information regarding when to register for the exam. Cost, testing location, and online registration information as well as test preparation resources can be found at www.actstudent.org.
The state of Ohio will pay for a student to take the ACT during the winter/spring of the Junior year. Registration for this is handled automatically through the counseling office and students do not need to do anything. However, students who plan to take it again on a National Test date will need their ACT Identification Number to create an account with ACT.
If students do not have a score report from ACT with this on it, they need to call ACT at 319-337-1270 to request it. WMHS does not have access to this information. Also, students who need to have a score from the test at WMHS added to an existing student account need to call the same number to ensure ACT will combine the student scores into one account.
DID YOU KNOW?
ACT offers students who completed the ACT on a national test date in December, April, or June the chance to order a copy of the test questions AND a list of the student's answers along with the correct answers. This can be a useful tool when trying to improve an ACT score.
Students have five days after the test date to purchase a TIR online. This option is only available until the following Thursday at 12:00 p.m. (CST).
Follow the steps below to purchase TIR using your current ACT registration ticket:
- Log in to your ACT Web Account.
- Select the Make Changes to Your Registration link.
- On the What do you want to change? page, select the change button associated with “Test Information Release” found on the right side of the screen. At this point, the status in the light blue box should read Ordered ($20.00).
- To proceed with the order, click the Continue button at the bottom of the screen.
- On the Order Summary and Payment Information page, enter your payment information and click the Submit button at the bottom of the screen.