The SWL Early Learning Center Recognized as a 5 STAR
Quality Learning and Development Program
In recognition of a commitment to quality and an ongoing dedication to the learning and development of children, the SWL Early Learning Center has received a Five-Star Step Up To Quality Award from the state of Ohio.
Step Up To Quality is Ohio’s rating system for learning and development programs. Participating programs can earn a one to five star rating. In addition to meeting all standards of a four-star rating, programs with five stars may also:
- Have lower staff/child ratios.
- Use child assessment results to plan activities that best support learning and development goals for each child.
- Share assessment results and create goals for children.
- Develop plans to support children as they transition to a new classroom or educational setting.
- Work with other organizations or businesses within the community to support children and their families.
- Have an active and organized parent volunteer group.
- Use input from families and community partners’ to inform the program’s continuous improvement process.
- Have accreditation by an approved organization.
The SWL Early Learning Center is proud to be a five-star program. We know that children have approximately 1,892 days from birth until school starts, and every day matters. It is important to us that children develop their self-confidence, social and emotional skills, and a love of learning.
Research confirms that the first five years of a child’s life has a direct impact on how children develop emotional well-being, in addition to, learning and social skills. For these reasons, the SWL Early Learning Center is committed to improving early childhood opportunities for all children.
Mackenzie Adelman, Coordinator of Student Services