**2021-2022 Peer Model Application Link**
2021-2022 peer model enrollment began on March 1st, 2021. We do currently have a few spaces for peer models still available. Please complete the Peer Model Application with the above link. The application will be reviewed and an email will be sent explaining the next steps. Appointments to complete enrollment and have your child screened are required before your child will be placed on a class list. Reminder: peer models must be at least three years of age and must be fully potty trained.
Sign up for communication here: https://www.swl.k12.oh.us/StayInTouch.aspx
Dates to Remember:
Monday, 9/20 No School
Friday, 9/24 Fall Picture Day
Tuesday 10/5 Parent-Teacher Conference 4:00-7:20
Thursday 10/21 Parent-Teacher Conferences 4:00-7:20
Friday 10/22 No School Parent-Teacher Conferences all-day
Friday 10/29 Fall Parties
Please view our Thanksgiving slideshow-we are thankful for our wonderful families, students, and staff:
The SWL Early Learning Center Recognized as a 5 STAR
Quality Learning and Development Program
In recognition of a commitment to quality and an ongoing dedication to the learning and development of children, the SWL Early Learning Center has received a Five-Star Step Up To Quality Award from the state of Ohio.
Step Up To Quality is Ohio’s rating system for learning and development programs. Participating programs can earn a one to five-star rating. In addition to meeting all standards of a four-star rating, programs with five stars may also:
- Have lower staff/child ratios.
- Use child assessment results to plan activities that best support learning and development goals for each child.
- Share assessment results and create goals for children.
- Develop plans to support children as they transition to a new classroom or educational setting.
- Work with other organizations or businesses within the community to support children and their families.
- Have an active and organized parent volunteer group.
- Use input from families and community partners’ to inform the program’s continuous improvement process.
- Have accreditation by an approved organization.
The SWL Early Learning Center is proud to be a five-star program. We know that children have approximately 1,892 days from birth until school starts, and every day matters. It is important to us that children develop their self-confidence, social and emotional skills, and a love of learning.
Research confirms that the first five years of a child’s life has a direct impact on how children develop emotional well-being, in addition to, learning and social skills. For these reasons, the SWL Early Learning Center is committed to improving early childhood opportunities for all children.
Mackenzie Adelman, Coordinator of Student Services